We’re entering into the moldy seasons of March and April once again. Hong Kong is hot and humid which can allow mold and mildew problems to grow rancid. Having mold in the home is not just an eyesore, it can be a health hazard! This article will share the effects mold in the home can have on your health, how you can get rid of the mold, and organic anti-mold and mildew agent recommendations.
- The effects mold has on our health
- irritate your respiratory system: When mold spores enter the body, it will irritate the respiratory system, causing or worsening respiratory infectious diseases such as asthma, sore throats, and runny noses.
- cause allergic reactions: Some individuals may experience an allergic reaction to mold spores. Exposure to spores and humid environments for prolonged periods may cause irritable skin, respiratory tract, allergic reactions, and more.
- Long-term health effects: Being exposed to an environment where mold and mildew growth can have negative effects on your body, including headaches, fatigue, raising the risk of infections, and more.
- 3 vital steps that must be taken periodically to remove mold
- Maintaining constant air circulation: Humidity is a major factor to mold and mildew growth. Keeping the windows open for good airflow is key to preventing mold and mildew growth. HIMALAYAN CRYSTAL SALT Salt Air Inhaler: Only contains Himalayan salt and 84 other minerals (contains a certification handbook) that can help block bacteria and mold that are harmful to the respiration system.
- Vacuum and wipe down furniture periodically: Many people don’t realize that dust and grime is an incubation space for mold. We suggest vacuuming once a week to prevent dust and dirt buildup which could lead to mold growth. Use organic cleaners to wipe down furniture surfaces to remove dust mites, skin particles, pollen, and other microparticles. Natural Window & Mirror Cleaner: Mirrors and glass surfaces collect dust easily. This cleaner contains natural plant-based ingredients and natural scents, and has been tested and proven to be safe to use on the skin. A quick and easy spray and wipe will leave you with a sparkling clean surface. Attitude Living Little ones Toy & Surface Cleaner: This product is designed for sensitive skin types and does not contain any artificial fragrance or chemical additives. You can safely use this product to clean your child’s toys or other surfaces that your child will come in contact with.
- Clean air conditioning vents and fans periodically: Other than your furniture, you should also remember to clean out the filters in your air conditioning units and fans to make sure they are working properly. The air vents are a common location for mildew and dust build-up which can also agitate sensitive respiratory systems. Attitude Living all-purpose cleaner: Plant-based ingredients are used in this product which does not contain any carcinogens. Use this product to safely clean out vents and fan blades. More organic anti-mold and mildew household cleaning supplies
(References: Indoor Air Quality Information Center)