Dandelion is well known for its detoxifying properties. On the eve of the Chinese New Year, there will be a festive environment. Parties to attend and lots of eating. After a big meal in CNY, you need to detoxify your body. Dandelion will help to do this naturally.
Dandelion is much more than the weed found at the bottom of our gardens. With its powerful diuretic power, it has been used for more than a thousand years to treat diseases of the liver, renal system, and biliary.
Things to know about Dandelion
This plant with yellow flowers that we know especially as a weed from our gardens, is native to Europe and has been known since Antiquity.
It has been used for over a thousand years to treat diseases of the liver, the renal system and the biliary. Today, its detoxifying properties are validated by clinical studies and recognized by the EFSA (European agency responsible among other things for validating the health claims of the ingredients of food supplements).
Dandelion - a real titan of detox
Dandelion is one of the rare plants that have action both on the detox organs, such as the liver and gallbladder and on the renal system which helps to drain and evacuate toxins from the body. This plant thus has a complete detox action on our organism.
Why dandelion is so effective? The question is not yet fully answered, but we know part of the answer. Dandelion is rich in potassium salts and lactones which are believed to be responsible for the diuretic action. On the detox side, it seems that taraxacum is responsible for stimulating the gallbladder. We also know that dandelion increases the activity of liver detoxifying enzymes.
How to use Dandelion for a successful detox?
Dandelion is eaten both fresh and prepared in the form of juice, herbal teas and other various extracts. With their slightly bitter taste, somewhat resembling the spicy arugula. The fresh leaves of the dandelion are readily added to your spring salads. You can also infuse the fresh dandelion root as a herbal tea, or extract the juice from the stems to consume it as juice.
If you don't have a fresh dandelion on hand, the easiest way is to consume its extract in the form of food supplements. There are all kinds. Seredipityhouse has brought you coffee with detox formula. Easy to use, it contains all the plant extracts, vitamins and minerals necessary for a successful detox cure!
How to consume dandelions?
To consume it and take advantage of its therapeutic properties, you have several options to choose:
- Infusions: this is the most common and recommended way to detox yourself. It is quite simple to prepare since you only have to boil the leaves and the root of the plant in water. This product can also be found in herb stores in the form of already prepared tea bags. You can take up to three cups a day, for 1 to 3 months depending on each case.
- Extracts: you can find higher doses in health food stores, and consume the dandelion extract by dilution in bottles of water, which will allow you to have access throughout the day.
- In your dishes: the leaves of the dandelion are edible, that's why you can put them in your salads or omelets. However, we do not recommend eating a salad made entirely of dandelion leaves because they have a rather bitter taste. Mixed with other plants, such as basil, arugula or lettuce. You can give a delicious and surprising touch to your dishes.
- To replace coffee: the roots of the plant can be used to replace coffee after it has been dried and ground. They are generally sold under the name of chicory. This is perfect for those who would love the flavor of the coffee (quite similar taste), but who would like to reduce their consumption to avoid side effects, such as tremors, sleeplessness, headaches, and nausea. In addition, chicory is rich in inulin, a prebiotic fiber stimulating the proliferation of bacteria beneficial for the intestines. You can also have natural properties of dandelion in Dandy Blend.
- Poultices or creams: to relieve certain skin problems, the leaves must be crushed and applied to the area to be treated, leaving to act for 30 minutes.
- Derivative baths: to reduce circulation problems, such as varicose veins or hemorrhoids, you can use a solution of macerated dandelion and apply on the area to be treated.
Hence the importance of providing the right nutrients to our liver. And that's why, in the CNY, we invariably talk to you about how to detoxify your liver. Dandelion is an unparalleled natural solution for this.